Catherine Mylinh loves her life. It is beautiful.
Even with the unexpected bumps and all.

Welcome to the world of Catze als Sprechenkopf!

27.11.08

Home for the holidays


Cat, in the San Francisco Bay Area, with her little cousins



This is the first Thanksgiving that I have spent with my family in years.

For the past five years, I have been away, working as a reporter. Even when I was working in Fresno and it was within driving distance from home, I was rarely allowed to take holidays off.

There were just too many soup kitchens and homeless shelters, too many family feuds and fatal shootings to cover. And as I reported other peoples' lives, I was essentially missing out on my own. I missed all those holiday dinners and picture-perfect moments gathered around the Christmas tree or watching the countdown, laughing, loving, living.

That's why this year Thanksgiving means so much more to me. I finally understand what it's all about. Yes, I have a lot for which to be grateful.


>>> Back to The World of Catze homepage <<<

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home